Insurance

plasma123

Novice Member
HI all,

First post on here, I have tried a search, but couldnt find a good answer.

Bought my first plasma, all is well etc, but really want to insure it!!! I paid £699 for it and its a samsung!!

It was bought from Currys, and they offered a 3 year deal at £180. I declined at the time, becuase I think I could do better, they tried to offer it at £160 but said i wanted to think about it.I asked for a copy of the paper work to read at home, and if they stick to their word, the coverage certainly does look good.

My question is, can anyone here recommend a company that will insure my tv agaisnt accidental damage (most important), mechanical breakdown, a not a penny extra paid for labour, parts etc.

I will try my home insurance tomorrow for a quote, but does anyone know of any dedicated companys!!! Oh, and service must be good. Currys will give you vouchers after 21 days if its not fixed, to replace the product to the same specs! so something along those lines would be good.

Cheers all.

Ivor_Biggern

Firstly mate, currys are a joke when it comes to customer service, i wouldn`t even buy a toaster from them.

Your best bet now is to give Domestic & General a ring and get a seperate warranty policy, don`t give currys anymore money for anything.

Domestic & General underwrite all the panasonic warranties and ive not heard a bad word said against them, they were very helpful with me when i recently sold a panasonic tv and they changed the policy into the new owners name without any fuss at all.

http://www.domgen.com/index.html

kjt2004

Firstly mate, currys are a joke when it comes to customer service, i wouldn`t even buy a toaster from them.

Your best bet now is to give Domestic & General a ring and get a seperate warranty policy, don`t give currys anymore money for anything.

Domestic & General underwrite all the panasonic warranties and ive not heard a bad word said against them, they were very helpful with me when i recently sold a panasonic tv and they changed the policy into the new owners name without any fuss at all.

http://www.domgen.com/index.html

I will second that

The Gooner

Novice Member
To be honest I wouldnt worry about breakdown, if its going to break chances are it will be in first year wich is covered by manufacturer warrenty anyway. Your house insurnce will cover for accidental damage or if dosnt then ask them to put it on.

If you get quotes to insure for all you want I would be surprised if you got it much less than £150 for breakdown and all costs and accidental damage, new for old ect. In wich case if it lasted 3 years it then broke down it would cost you £450 for them 3 years, By then the price of a new TV equivalent to what you have bought will probably be down to £450 anyway going on the rate they are dropping in current market.

Just my thoughts insurance on things like this are always a gamble, I have had insurance for washing machines before and been pleased I have, but now the cost of a new machine is = to he cost of most extended warrentys so dont bother any more.

plasma123

Novice Member
just to finish this post off, I went to money supermarket, as I also need contents insurance.

Got a very good quote through the AA (underwrited by AXA) for £107, which amongst other things, gives my up to £40K cover, covers my reef tank and all contents, and also any accidental accident to my new TV:clap: plus the DVD players etc.

So all in all, very happy. As said above, the only other thing to worry about is mechanical breakdown after the 1st year, but i'll cross that bridge when i get to it, but you would think that under the sales of good act, a tv should last longer than a year!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom