Insurance? where and who?

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
ust read on another forum of a guy parking his Jimny jeep in NCP carpark in Glasgow and all his gear being nicked.......Canon 5D and loads more.

This is the link......

http://www.ephotozine.com/topic/t-55819

Got me thinking!!! I'm insured from house insurance but not outside or the gear being left in the boot...........Any you nice people insured? Outwith house insurance? And, if so have you claimed and get the full or 90% of the value, had any probs or recommend any companies???

Any comment or story/recommendations ........Go 4 it!

icemanonline :)

Alun

I'm also looking at getting some camera insurance, E and L seem to be pretty reasonable, anyone have any experience with them?

Cheers,

Alun

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
ust read on another forum of a guy parking his Jimny jeep in NCP carpark in Glasgow and all his gear being nicked.......Canon 5D and loads more.

This is the link......

http://www.ephotozine.com/topic/t-55819

Got me thinking!!! I'm insured from house insurance but not outside or the gear being left in the boot...........Any you nice people insured? Outwith house insurance? And, if so have you claimed and get the full or 90% of the value, had any probs or recommend any companies???

Any comment or story/recommendations ........Go 4 it!

icemanonline :)

Ok......So none of you guys have insurance for all that expensive kit?:confused:

Some of you must be insured...........Can anyone help? :smashin:

Just need a name or 2 and personal experience if you had to use them.

Anybody? C'mon don't be shy now!¬! :rolleyes: :clap::hiya:

Ta.......icemanonline

rapid

Funny you say, on Friday I decided it was time to work out how to get my gear covered. There's some online websites that provide camera cover if its stolen etc, but no accident cover.

My mortgage/contents insurance/buildings insurance is all with nationwide. I upgraded my contents insurance to allow personal items outside of the house to be covered, for an addtional £4.20 per month im covered up to 4k, with £25 excess I think.. my o2 insurance for my phone was costing me £7.50 on its own, so it was a no brainer.. other benifits are that it covers for items in your car, my cases etc when I travel.. the insurance also covers my gear when abroad.

Hope this helps, I definately think its worth checking with you home insurance company.

Regards,
R

PoisonJam

Ok......So none of you guys have insurance for all that expensive kit?:confused:

Some of you must be insured...........Can anyone help? :smashin:

I posted posted a similar thread (or responded to one) previously and again got no response. I'm really just looking for a company recommendation, the prices are generally so cheap.

Very few insurance policies actually cover equipment if left in an unattended car boot - they usually specify in the small print that the boot must notbe accessible through the car. So how many cars do not allo access through the rear seats to the boot, not many.

A quote from that forum you linked to. I'll definitely be asking about that when I sign up...

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom