Answered Insurance replacement lx508d

Discussion in 'What Is The Best TV For You?' started by samtelly, Jul 20, 2018.

1. samtelly

samtelly
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi everyone,

My lovely pioneer lx508d plasma has been written off by my insurer and I’m wondering what would be an equivalent tv in today’s market? There are so many and unsure would be reasonable tv to request? I have seen Samsung qled 50”. The value of my old tv was £3199.
    Many thanks in advance
    Sam

2. Best Answer:
    Post #2 by Dodgexander, Jul 21, 2018 (1 points)
  3. Dodgexander

Dodgexander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,407
    Best Answer
    Depends if value comes into it or you're only comparing RRP there.

There are no "reference"award winning TV's now like the pioneer but even the cheapest oled on the market should best it in most areas now.

You could try to start high and ask for one of the new 2018 oled models which still remain quite high in price or failing that look at a 2017 model instead. They all use the same panel each year so differences between one manufacturer and the next lay in features, aesthetics, sound, picture processing and smart TV. There's not really one that is better than the other.

You could perhaps use this opportunity to ask for money to go for a new larger TV, 65"would be ideal, 55' pretty much the norm now.

50" there aren't any high end TVs. The Samsung QLED isn't going to be comparable to the oleds really. You'd need the higher end, larger Q9FN for that.

4. samtelly

samtelly
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I recieved a q6f 55” in the end which is pleased with.
    Many thanks again for the advice