Insurance Replacement, better option?

GtiAdz

Novice Member
Hi everyone

I have Samsung 50NU7400 (Spec Here)

Insurance have accepted a claim to replace, and offered replacement below:

Samsung UE55AU8000 (Spec Here)

Is this a fair / reasonable proposal or is there another better version I could push for? And any justification for doing so? I notice their proposal doesn't have HDR10+. But I'm a novice om tech front unfortunately.

TV is mainly used for Netflix / Prime Video. I would like to wall mount the new TV out of the way of the kids reach, and we have sofas on two sides of the room

Thank you folks

Last edited:

David Alexander

Looking at the specs the UE55AU8000 does have HDR10+. Could you add some money to this and go for the 65” model or larger? RS has the 65” at £749 and the 70” at a bargain £799. That would definitely feel like an upgrade :)

GtiAdz

Novice Member
It's like you read my mind, with the reply front on here a bit quiet I decided to just go for it and upgraded to the 70" just as you had said! On the hunt now for a reasonably priced sound bar to go with it

David Alexander

Yes. The one thing mentioned in the customer reviews that range is lacking in the sound department. My Samsung 55” mu7000 panel went whilst still in the 5year RS warranty a while back and I was hoping for a beyond reasonable repair so I could upgrade but ‘sadly’ it came back fixed.

And by the way. It was getting a Soundbar that got me into the AV thing. That went from a Canton soundbase to full on AVR, floorstanders and dual subs in fairly short order. Fair warning 🙄

GtiAdz

Novice Member
Ha excellent and never looked back since! I'd love to go for a full set up, but children (my youngest is the one who broke the original tv), and a new puppy I can't bear the thought of them destroying a tasty new bit of tech! So tv is getting wall mounted, and the soundbar will be an all in one standalone out of reach too. Cheers kids / dog. Sob... 😪

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom