Insurance Offer -advice Please

WILLOMAX

Standard Member
I have a samsung PS42Q96HD which has been damaged by my daughter to the tune of £600.00. Tesco insurance have offered a LG42LG3000 as a replacement or £591.00 in vouchers. I originally paid £660.00.
Should I accept the LG or is this an inferior model?
Should I demand a like for like replacment?
Or accept the money and buy a Panasonic TH42PX80B.

Thanks in advance for any advice

catch'em1

Novice Member
I would personally go for the Panasonic because I have heard good things about that TV and the price is good as well. If possible you could compare the two sets side by side and let your eyes decide.:smashin:

Hope that helps.

immy69

Standard Member
I have a samsung PS42Q96HD which has been damaged by my daughter to the tune of £600.00. Tesco insurance have offered a LG42LG3000 as a replacement or £591.00 in vouchers. I originally paid £660.00.
Should I accept the LG or is this an inferior model?
Should I demand a like for like replacment?
Or accept the money and buy a Panasonic TH42PX80B.

Thanks in advance for any advice
which store would the vouchers be for? how much is a px80 at that store?
the px80b is a miles better tv but depends how much you have to pay out of your own pocket.
alot of stores will price match, so when you go in, dont mention vouchers, discuss a deal first and only show the vouchers once at checkout.

immy69

Standard Member
also speak to tesco and see if they are willing to offer the samsung PS42A457 rather than the LG3000. that tv is a replacement model for the one you had so they might do it..
but if your happy to chip in some money yourself then panny it is.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom