Insulated hose pipe hose reel cover.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Anybody know where I can get a tea cosy for my hose reel?

Only sites I can find offer fire resistant cover or actually electrically heated covers.

I just want a well insulated cover which is also waterproof.

Cheers.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Could there be any other reason bar the obvious?

Trying to think of one..

Purely to keep it functional.

Anybody seen one anywhere?

John

Modify a sleeping bag ?

Maybe they don't do one because the weather in which you would need to use it is not the sort of weather you should be spraying water about .

Maybe there is some sort of commercial solution , rather than consumer ?

D

Deleted member 174041

Could there be any other reason bar the obvious?

Trying to think of one..

Purely to keep it functional.

Anybody seen one anywhere?

Reason I asked is even if the hose diddnt freeze, the tap or the water entering the tap would freeze anyway.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Modify a sleeping bag ?

Maybe they don't do one because the weather in which you would need to use it is not the sort of weather you should be spraying water about .

Maybe there is some sort of commercial solution , rather than consumer ?

There are a couple if commercial uses yes but they are silly pricey and OTT with built in heating etc.

We use ours daily in all weather, cleaning dogs feet wellies etc.

Last edited:

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Reason I asked is even if the hose diddnt freeze, the tap or the water entering the tap would freeze anyway.

Sometimes that's the case for sure, but often we find our diy lagging on the tap ensures it works but the water left in the hose has frozen.

MaturityDodger

I'm not sure that just insulation would work on a hose reel - insulation/lagging only slows down the change in temperature as it naturally tends towards the outside temperature. There's nothing to actually keep it above freezing. A hose is long and thin so you'd have to do quite a lot to keep that from freezing which is probably why the commercial ones you've found are electronically heated.

Wahreo

Distinguished Member
I had composed a reply to this thread earlier with a couple of links.

My Internet is too bad to start searching again but I found a few products withinh caravan inch supplies

Aquaroll insulated covers if I remember correctly.

You might be better off getting an enclosed hose reel and using a boiler condensate heating wire though.

Dextur

Distinguished Member
Ours is attached to the wall outside where we have a "cleaning" area, it's used twice a day, it wouldn't be convenient opening up the garage all the time and so forth.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom