1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Instant Rewind and complete programs

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Just_Dabbling, Jun 25, 2003.

Tags:
  1. Just_Dabbling

Just_Dabbling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm just being impatient because my box is on its way but can someone answer me this questions.

If I have instant rewind enabled and them press the record button half way through the program, is the entire show recorded in the EPG.

I don't see why not as the start of the program shoud already be recorded to the hard disk (as long as the sky box is already on the correct channel and the instant rewind time is long enough to get it all) and it just needs to be commited to the EPG and the rest recorded.

If anybody fancies having a play and responding, I would be much appreciative.

Thanks

Martin

2. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Don't hold your breathe.

It's going to be a new feature, the one after dual recording is delivered to us.

Promised by Q2-03 so ready within the week (not!).

StooMonster

3. Just_Dabbling

Just_Dabbling

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is this the same for pausing live tv, does it not submit them to the EPG if the end of the program is reached ????

4. StooMonster

StooMonster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +314
    Pausing live tv is nothing to do with EPG -- that's part of the problem.

If you have been watching a channel and have rewind set to max (60 minutes) and then press record half way through a programme that started ten minutes before, it will only record from when you pressed record not the start of the programme.

They say it will do this soon -- after dual record -- but who knows when that will be.

StooMonster