Installing windows 7 over ubanutu

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by deadhac, Jun 8, 2009.

1. deadhac

deadhac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    how can i install windows 7 over ubanutu. I have the files saved on my external HDD and on a dvdr but ubanutu will not open them. I dont really know how to use ubanutu very well, can someone offer guidence?

2. iqofafish

iqofafish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Presuming Microsoft haven't changed the way it installs it's files, this guide should help.

I followed this guide and installed Vista after Ubuntu and have had no issues (other than Vista being a complete pile of puppy pooh!!)

3. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    If you want a hard disk install, you really need to install Windows 7 first on half the HDD then Ubuntu second. You could keep your Ubuntu install unchanged and run Windows 7 as a virtual machine. It runs well in Virtualbox which is easy to set up.

p.s. Don't use the version of Virtualbox that's in the repositries as this is the open source edition and has no USB support.

The full version can be downloaded from Sun:

Sun VirtualBox - Downloads