Installing wall hung plasma, whats the best way of hiding the cables.

Niknrik

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi sorry about this but I'm new. I am thinking about purchasing an LG plasma tv and hanging it on the wall. Do I have to bury all the cables into the wall or does anyone know of an alternative way that looks good?
Any help on this matter would be appreciated

A friend of mine installed plastic electrical trunking into his wall , installed socket boxes for the relevant outlets from it , then plastered over . The beauty of it is new cable can be installed as & when . From memory it was 300mm X 25mm , white plastic with a removeable snap on cover , I think it was called Dado trunking .

Hi sorry about this but I'm new. I am thinking about purchasing an LG plasma tv and hanging it on the wall. Do I have to bury all the cables into the wall or does anyone know of an alternative way that looks good?
Any help on this matter would be appreciated

currys now stock d-line trunking which comes in various widths and is a half round with a hinged cover which is snapped back into place.
it comes in several colours and can also be painted.
i use it in my lounge and it is unobtrusive.

Or get a piece of roof guttering and cover it using sticky back chrome film (availible from B&Q) and stick to the wall, looks great as I have done it!!!

I used this, at 4.20 for 3 meters, a bargain

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/DL2D5025W.html

yes this is where i bought mine from but the carriage was about £8 !!!
then i discovered that currys were also doing it and when i calculated it out it was just about even.
plus you can walk away with it at currys instead of waiting for delivery (unless you can collect from tlc).

Yeah Currys started doing it recently but in limited colours I think (most people will paint the white stuff anyway) I used it on mine and it looks fine but I buried a bunch of stuff too for speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom