Installing themes on Popcorn hour

shadowconc

Standard Member
Hi there AVForums

Im new to the whole skinning of themes for the pocorn hour so please help me as

I have a collection of about 80 blu-rays atm uncompressed spanning over 2 x 1tb hdd. The one is in the popcorn hour itself and the other one is connected via usb.

I want to install the theme shown here YouTube - Popcorn Hour Movie Jukebox Demos, Part 5 - YAMJ Unique Black Glas & AEON Movie WAll ,it is called the unique black glass theme .The question i have is that after reading alot of forums i can only find how to get the information for the movies i have and update them. I havent got a clue how to install the theme and dont seem to find a forum guiding me in the right direction.

Can someone please assist me with this challenge.

ristac

Hi Shadownconc sorry I cannot help you with this particular question although I hope someone can as I am currently considering a very similar route to you.

Can I ask what software you used to rip the dvd's, was it painless and how long did it take to do. Any pitfalls I need to look out for as this is my next task (just converted my Cd's to FLAC)

kati3

you can use a program called yamj / aeon wall theme which is what i use u can view the thread at nmt forums and theres loads of tuts there too

shadowconc

Standard Member
Hi Ristac

Im sure somebody will be able to help us because this is the final step i need to do to ensure that my blu-ray collection is up to standard.

To answer your question.

I used the following programs

1. Anydvd (remove protection)
2. Tsremux (copy main movie and Required audio track)

This process takes me 30min and i have a perfect 1-1 copy of any blu-ray movie.

3. Handbrake (to compress movie if required)

This take 1 hour for a pass 1 encode only to mkv file format.

Hope this helps

shadowconc

Standard Member
you can use a program called yamj / aeon wall theme which is what i use u can view the thread at nmt forums and theres loads of tuts there too
Hi Kati3

I already downloaded YAMJ,and used the functions to get the data through mediainfo for all my movies.

The problem i have is that i dont see a tutorial on how to actually have YAMJ or whatever utility on my PCH and how to use it ones it is there.

U say u are using the aeon skin atm. Can u please direct me on how to get the actual skin on to the PCH

ristac

Hi Ristac

Im sure somebody will be able to help us because this is the final step i need to do to ensure that my blu-ray collection is up to standard.

To answer your question.

I used the following programs

1. Anydvd (remove protection)
2. Tsremux (copy main movie and Required audio track)

This process takes me 30min and i have a perfect 1-1 copy of any blu-ray movie.

3. Handbrake (to compress movie if required)

This take 1 hour for a pass 1 encode only to mkv file format.

Hope this helps
:thumbsup: Thanks for that, more to it than I realised I assumed a one piece of software did it all approach..

Just to make sure I have got this right, Anydvd removes just the protection and features like the trailers, it doesn't convert anything.

Tsremux is responsible for converting the DVD to an MKV file and you can select (from the list available to the movie) which language to play the movie back in.

Finally Handbrake is an 'only if required' compression tool...

Have I understood coreectly?

Thanks
Richard

shadowconc

Standard Member
:thumbsup: Thanks for that, more to it than I realised I assumed a one piece of software did it all approach..

Just to make sure I have got this right, Anydvd removes just the protection and features like the trailers, it doesn't convert anything.

Tsremux is responsible for converting the DVD to an MKV file and you can select (from the list available to the movie) which language to play the movie back in.

Finally Handbrake is an 'only if required' compression tool...

Have I understood coreectly?

Thanks
Richard

HEHE no let met explain abit better.

Yes Anydvd only removes the protection of the blu-ray/dvd/cd/hddvd
But anydvd can also with its builtin udf rwriter make a perfect 1-1 copy of the disk. (size of disk ~50gig). This is saved as an ISO,takes 1.5 hours

Tsremux only extract what you want from the movie ie. Only main movie no adverts and graphics and extra portions of other things,and u can select which audio track u want. ie DTS,AC3 etc etc. (size of disk ~15 to 25 gig) depending of length of movie. This is saved as a M2TS,takes 20min

Then finally u can use Handbrake to convert the M2TS file into MKV (size of disk ~8 to 13 gig) This is saved as MKV,MP4 etc etc,takes 2 hours for pass 1 only.

But if you have no space limitations then u can leave it as M2TS. This is perfect 1-1 copy of the main movie only. If size is a limitation then u need to convert to MKV.

Hope this is more specific.

ristac

HEHE no let met explain abit better.

Yes Anydvd only removes the protection of the blu-ray/dvd/cd/hddvd
But anydvd can also with its builtin udf rwriter make a perfect 1-1 copy of the disk. (size of disk ~50gig). This is saved as an ISO,takes 1.5 hours

Tsremux only extract what you want from the movie ie. Only main movie no adverts and graphics and extra portions of other things,and u can select which audio track u want. ie DTS,AC3 etc etc. (size of disk ~15 to 25 gig) depending of length of movie. This is saved as a M2TS,takes 20min

Then finally u can use Handbrake to convert the M2TS file into MKV (size of disk ~8 to 13 gig) This is saved as MKV,MP4 etc etc,takes 2 hours for pass 1 only.

But if you have no space limitations then u can leave it as M2TS. This is perfect 1-1 copy of the main movie only. If size is a limitation then u need to convert to MKV.

Hope this is more specific.
Perfect and bookmarked for reference thanks :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom