Installing Sun Visor LCD Screens

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by holman210, Aug 9, 2005.

1. holman210

holman210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, Has any one installed Sun visor LCD screens and a dvd player to link to? I saw a good priced system on ebay. Its 2x 8" sunvisor screens and a dvd player for £199. How hard are they to install? Are the LCD's flicker free and produce a good picture.

I think that this type of system is great as the dvd player would be hidden in the glove box and the screens will be folded up.

Any Info would help, any opinions would help before I commit to buy!

Ebay Item Link

Thanks

Rich

2. critch

critch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. holman210

holman210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I was a bit worried about pulling the A post trim off. I will have to find a vectra forum to ask around and see how the bits come off! Im hoping that the dash wont have to be unscrewed but it must be different for different types of cars. That free view kit looks really cool!! Does it always pick a picture up? Was it easy to set up. I have only just ordered my screens and player so I will have to hold fire for a bit.

Cheers!!

4. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Critch got mine yesterday many thanks for the link. The picture on my Alpine setup is ace but the reception in our area is very poor and keeps dropping, I'm off on a long trip at the w/e so hopefully get better results then.

5. holman210

holman210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I was thinking about getting one of these freeview boxs. Where have you installed it? I would like to put it in the boot but not sure if the wires would reach or the remote work! Thanks

6. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Holman, the remote reaches from my boot to the front with loads spare (I've an estate). The picture on mine is great but as I said it breaks up when moving as I'm in a weak signal area.

7. holman210

holman210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers! Long as it works parked up it would be ok. I take it you have to search for the channel or can you just flick through them like on the tv.

Thanks for your help

8. Gazpilot

Gazpilot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Once the unit has searched for channels it stores them just like on your TV (depending on signal up to 30 I think), you can then swap them around and assign favorites, you select them via channel up-down or via the EPG.