• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Installing Sky+ box

chrispyuk

Standard Member
Hi,

At present I subscribe to the full Sky package. This box is just a standard Sky box. I have a multiroom subscription with Sky HD. I have been given a Sky+ box. My question is:

Can I use this Sky+ box to replace my standard sky box. Give Sky a ring and use the sky+ features. I am loathed to pay £250 for a box I already have.

Thanks in advance.

Broadz

Distinguished Member
Yes you can swap your Sky box for your Sky+ box. Yes you can phone Sky and get Sky+ functionality activated on your second Sky card and get it paired with the Sky+ box.

Not sure where the idea of paying £250 comes from. Is this what your friend is going to charge you if you don't use the box?

Note, for full Sky+ functionality you will need to run a second cable from the dish to wherever the Sky+ box is going to be used. Otherwise you will only be able to record the channel you are watching, and won't be able to record two channels at the same time.

chrispyuk

Standard Member
Cheers. I have already run a second cable to the where the box is. The quote came from sky £200 for the box + £60 setup.

logiciel

Pedants of the forum unite.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom