Installing New TV Points For Freeview

bairn1

Standard Member
Hi there,

We currently have just one TV point in our house (in our living room) which receives Freeview fine. However, portable aerials get very poor signals throughout the rest of the house, and even with signal boosters we struggle to get a decent picture for analogue TV.

Ideally, we'd like to be able to get Freeview in a couple of other rooms, but the main thing is that we'd like to be able to watch analogue TV with a decent picture.

Is the best thing for us to get someone in to install new TV points in the other rooms? And if so, does anyone have any idea as to what the cost of this might be?

Thanks,

Gary.

arthurdentpc

Agreed. Your aerial must connect to the living room TV point somewhere - maybe the attic ? Wherever it connects, put a booster with as many outputs as you require, then run co-ax from the booster to each room you want a TV point in. It's easy enough, especially if the connection is in the attic and you want TV points in the upstairs rooms, for instance.

bairn1

Standard Member
Thanks both.

Yeah, the aerial does connect via the attic, and it is upstairs rooms that we're looking at for the extra points. I'll have a look into this, but I've never done anything like this before really, and rather than risk botching it up, I'll probably end up paying someone else to come in to do it!

Many thanks for your advice.

Bat-man

...and rather than risk botching it up, I'll probably end up paying someone else to come in to do it! ...
Wise words! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom