1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing new Sky+ box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jtorry, Oct 13, 2005.

1. jtorry

jtorry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I currently have a normal Sky box installed and have got a sky+ box and have run a second cable to the box. To get it working do I just have to give sky a call and ask them to match the old viewing card with the new box. I don't have to do anything special to get Sky+ features active do I?

2. mh123

mh123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Assuming you have a subscription to movies or sports or both, just ring Sky and get them to pair the viewing card to the new box. Tell them upfront it's a Plus box so there's no misunderstandings.

If you're on one of the freesat or cheapie non-premium subscriptions your Plus features are going to cost you a tenner a month extra to enable.

Within a couple of minutes (sometimes whilst you're on the call) the Plus features will spring into life.

3. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,876
    Yes,
    just call them and ask them to "pair" your card to the new box.......but tell them it's a Sky+.........because they have to send a signal to turn on the recoding features.