Installing New Aerial Sockets

chrisw

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but couldn't find anywhere more suitable.

I've just moved into a new house and it only has one aerial point in the house. I want to put more aerial sockets in places like the bedroom / kitchen, but have no idea how easy this is in terms of connecting them to the main aerial. Can anyone advise me how I can do this?

The other thing is that I want to feed my Sky + signal back up into the loft and split it out to these aerial points. Can I just get a male / female double aerial socket to put in the lounge and feed the signal back into the loft? Is it a case of just running another length of coax from the lounge to the loft?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Chris

hi mate,

im sure others will advise / correct me, but my understanding of it is;

yep, you can split your aerial cable by using a 'loft box' (as there called) this is a small distribution amp and need to be plugged into the mains.

you want to feed the modulated (aerial output) from your sky box, back through the coax into the loft box? if so, yeah, im of the understanding that you can do this, however there are certain channels that become taboo when doing this (www.kat5.tv) lists these. as you say, you'll need to run another length of coax from the lounge back into the loft.

not sure if anyone else has any comments?
Jonathan.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom