Installing & hiding pull down screen in bay window

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by giger, Mar 27, 2006.

1. giger

giger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi all

Just after a few ideas for fitting and hiding my 92" pulldown screen. It will be going over a bay window so as to hide all my standard A/V gear when not in projector mode. I'm thinking of installing a pelmit (SP?) around it to hide it so it blends it to the room. I presume this is the standard approach used by most?

Also wondering if I should expect to receive any probs by wall mounting and only using 2 mounting points, one at each end? I might need to go high so that I miss the lintel on the bay, and I assume by using heavy duty wall plugs the weight and force of gravity trying to pull my screen of the wall are counteracted by the fact that it is flush to the wall so can't actually fall downwards? In fact, the heavier the item the more force pushing into the wall and holding it in place?

Anyone got pics of their screen installs in none-dedicated rooms? (i.e the lounge!)

Hope this is the right place for these questions

Thanks!

2. shahedz

shahedz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,950
    Hi i can answer one of your questions, you wont have any problems using 2 mounting points for a screen, all the screens i have ever come across only have 2 mounting points, have a look at the home members cinema gallery for ideas