• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Installing AV equipment into the Eve's of a loft conversion

neocleous

Standard Member
Hi,

My set up as it stands at the moment is a Panasonic 50PV500B, Denon 2310, KEF KHT3005SE, WD TV Live, PS3 Xbox 360 and a Wii.

Until this afternoon the TV was sat on the Viera stand which was fine but the equipment didn't really fit on the stand properly so I have wall mounted it so now I am left with a Viera stand with no TV on top of it.

The room the set up is in is a loft conversion and there a 1.2m tall dwarf walls with empty storage space behind, My idea is to cut a whole in the around 50 x 100 and install the equipment in there and put a frosted glass door over the front, the type with a magnetic catch like you would find on a TV stand.

I have two questions.

1. Where can I find the hinges and magnetic catch for the door? I'm sure I can get the glass cut but I'm not sure where I can get the hardware from.

2. Does any one see a problem putting the equipment in the eve's?

elldizzle

Standard Member
Not to sure about the door hardware, But I see no problem with installing the equipment in the roof space, I have a few amps for my multi-room audio up in mine. Aslong as its dry up there you should have no problems...Maybe shift any insulation from around the direct area if there is any, as AV gear can get pretty hot...Although most modern insulation is fire resisitant...

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom