Installing ATI HD5570....Help!

madzo2006

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Today I received my ATI HD5570 from amazon, Sapphire HD5570 1GB DDR3 HDMI Graphics Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories, to install in my HP m9277. My PSU is 460w but the reviews on Amazon say people are running this card with much lower power than mine.

I disconnected the two cables connected to my GeForce 9800 and inserted the ATI card, this one has no need for cables to be connected, it just slots into the the port. I did all that turned my PC on, up pops the HP logo then it goes black with a "Disk Read Error, Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart" for a while I thought my Hard Drive had died but I put my old card back in, reconnected the cables to it and everything works perfectly.

Any ideas folks, I'm a bit flummoxed at why Im getting a disk read error when booting with the new card but old one works fine.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
On reboot with new card .. go into BIOS and re-set all to default.then re-boot. that should work. Or boot off your WIn CD.

On reboot with new card .. go into BIOS and re-set all to default.then re-boot. that should work. Or boot off your WIn CD.

Thanks for that, but I have tried resetting the BIOS, tried booting from the Win7 DVD but doesnt work either, just asks how I want to install windows or to repair my computer.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom