Installing Apps on smart TV

cheddarcaveman

Standard Member
I have just bought a SAMSUNG - UE50TU7100KXXU 50" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV as I understood that I could install my own Apps on these new, smart TVs.

Simple question, can I? I subscribe to an on line stream and would like to install their App on the TV rather than having to goo through a set top box or my laptop.

Any help/advice would be most appreciated.

mikej

You'll only be able to install apps that are available from Samsung's app store, so you'll need to search it for the app you have in mind.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
If they've written an app for Samsung's TV OS then you can install it yes, typically through an app store interface already on the TV.

You can't install apps written for different operating systems like iOS or Android.

[email protected]

May be useful to outline exactly what the online streaming service that you are using is.
You sort of mentioned it in your post from a week or so ago but didn't specify what it was then. Be difficult for anyone to advise without knowing what it is you are trying to do.

cheddarcaveman

Standard Member
Thanks everybody for taking the trouble to help, much appreciated.
Just heard from my supplier and they say all I need is Duplex and their app will run through that. I'll be having a look tomorrow.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom