Installing a new DVD Recorder

M

Moody_Blue

Hi Everyone - I am new here and need some help.

I have just purchased a DVD Recorder (not a fancy one, just an Alba to see if it works easily before trying anything fancy with a HDD).

Anyway, I have installed it to my TV and Satellite dish. I thought I would just try playing a DVD to see if everything was working so far. The DVD plays ok, but I have no sound. I checked the troubleshooting, but that just said check the sources match. This is how I installed the TV/Sat/DVDR:

TV Aerial to the Sky Box
Scart cable: AV1 on TV and Scart Out on DVD
Connect RF Loop through the aerial cable to the TV aerial out on Satellite. Connect other end to to aerial input socket on DVDR.
Scart cable: to the Satellite AV1 socket and other end to scart 1 socket.
Scart cable from satellite to TV scart AV2.

I am hoping this all works when it comes to recording, but sound to start would be good!

Also, by connecting the aerial to the Sky Box means you have not got a good picture on terrestrial (when not using Sky.....if Sky is down this is a good way of watching terrestrial TV).

I hope you guys can help as this is driving me nuts!

Thanks again.
:lesson:

Moody_Blue said:
Hi Everyone - I am new here and need some help.

I have just purchased a DVD Recorder (not a fancy one, just an Alba to see if it works easily before trying anything fancy with a HDD).

Anyway, I have installed it to my TV and Satellite dish. I thought I would just try playing a DVD to see if everything was working so far. The DVD plays ok, but I have no sound. I checked the troubleshooting, but that just said check the sources match. This is how I installed the TV/Sat/DVDR:

TV Aerial to the Sky Box
Scart cable: AV1 on TV and Scart Out on DVD
Connect RF Loop through the aerial cable to the TV aerial out on Satellite. Connect other end to to aerial input socket on DVDR.
Scart cable: to the Satellite AV1 socket and other end to scart 1 socket.
Scart cable from satellite to TV scart AV2.

I am hoping this all works when it comes to recording, but sound to start would be good!

Also, by connecting the aerial to the Sky Box means you have not got a good picture on terrestrial (when not using Sky.....if Sky is down this is a good way of watching terrestrial TV).

I hope you guys can help as this is driving me nuts!

Thanks again.
:lesson:

Take everything else out of the equation except the TV and DVDR, just connect the DVDR scart to the TV AV1 double check that the scart cable is pushed fully home at each end, if still no sound try another scart lead.

Thanks - will try this at half time (Chelsea v Barcelona on now). Will let you know!

Hi - tried 3 different scart leads, still no sound. Any other suggestions?:lease:

Moody_Blue said:
Hi - tried 3 different scart leads, still no sound. Any other suggestions?:lease:

Try the DVDR on another TV with a scart socket.
If still no sound and you haven't changed anything in its setup menu it looks as though it could be faulty.

I don't understand proper how you have set it up this is how i have got mine set up , mine a freeview box though. aerial lead into sky box then to dvdr then to tv . scart from sky box av 1 to dvdr av2 then to tv av1 on tv.

Only have 1 TV, so can't test it on another set.

The set up is exactly as instructed.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom