1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installing a new board

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ziggypop, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ziggypop

ziggypop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

how difficult would it be to install a component board into the Seleco svp 350, or would it be cheaper to use a component to VGA adapter (or component to RGB adapter). I have built my own computers from the ground up and configured these, and also tweaked the pj a little. Its because my toshiba dvd player has component and S-video and the pj has RGB and s-video.

I just think this pj is capable of better. On a static image using PAL anamorphic the image is quite sharp and seamless at a distance of 3.5m.

Just thinking whether I should do this or wait till I can afford a better pJ.

I bought this one new in 1999 for $AUD7k and has less than 1000 hours.

thanks for advice if forthcoming.

cheers

Bill

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    It's a fiddly job, but nothing that should be beyond your reach if you are used to handling motherboards. You will need to take off or loosen some parts of the casework to do the job properly.

Regards

3. ziggypop

ziggypop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Chris,

now all I need to do is find an Australian Seleco dealer who has one. They are rather scarce here.

cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.