1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Installing a Draper Luma 8' Screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Ellispa, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Ellispa

Ellispa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi All

Just got one of these screens, and am a bit surprised by the relatively weak looking fixings for what i think is quite a heavy piece of kit.

Basically, there are 2 screw holes on either end of the screen, and thats it!

My plan is to attach it direct to the wall (its a new house, so its a plasterboard, flat wall), and I'm concerned that only 2 fixings isn't really enough, especially with all the pulling down and up that will be going on (assuming I don't get too lazy and leave the damn thing down all the time!).

So anyone got one fixed in this way? Is it safe? (Don't worry, I'm not pulling any teeth out here!). Does it feel secure etc.

I could be worrying about nothing, but before I put it up, a little reassurance wouldn't go amiss.

Thanks in advance etc etc.

Paul

2. petrolhead

petrolhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    Mine was fixed that way and remained on the wall for a year. So yeh, no problem

3. 2 Point

2 Point

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the same screen.

Attached to plasterboard wall with spring toggle mounting screws to try and spread the load a little.

No problems once it's up, stable and after checking a few times no movement from wall.

4. Ellispa

Ellispa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Thanks both. You've put my mind at ease.

Now to find out what the hell spring toggle mounted screws are. I'm sure Focus will sort me out.

Thanks again.

Paul

5. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18