• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Installers menu

tphj

Standard Member
I am try ing to get into the installers menu on my sky Qbox
I hover over settings, press001 enter. all I get is settings for the transponder. nothing else.
I want to set the sound to play through my Denon AVR.
Am I doing something wrong?

Paul

razy60

Prominent Member
I am try ing to get into the installers menu on my sky Qbox
I hover over settings, press001 enter. all I get is settings for the transponder. nothing else.
I want to set the sound to play through my Denon AVR.
Am I doing something wrong?

Paul
If your sky is connected to the avr then it will play through that if sky is connected direct to TV and TV is connected to avr then you need to use ARC.

tphj

Standard Member
The setup is Sky and a DVD player is connected to the Avr, the AVR is connected to the TV by ARC
The DVD plays through the speakers but the Sky just comes via the tv speakers

jmp1975

Established Member
The setup is Sky and a DVD player is connected to the Avr, the AVR is connected to the TV by ARC
The DVD plays through the speakers but the Sky just comes via the tv speakers
What Denon receiver do you have? It may be that you need to change the source on the receiver to get the sound from the Sky Q box. If it is an older model, it may be that the receiver is unable to pass the 4k signal so you may need to go sky into the tv then use arc. Otherwise the other option is to use an optical connection from sky to receiver.

jmp1975

Established Member
My AVR is model AVR-X550NT
Which HDMI port do you have sky plugged into? If it isn't, ensure it is plugged into the cab/sat port (hdmi 3) as that is 4k.

I also assume that you are changing the source on the Denon when wanting to use sky for sound? Only other thing I can think of is playing with the TV audio switching function within settings on the Denon.

Otherwise I can't think why audio would play on dvd but not sky through the AVR speakers. Maybe try switching the dvd and sky connections and see if you get sound from the speakers then?

Only other thing is if it is a setting within the TV sound output settings.

jotty

Established Member
Just plug sky and the DVD player into your amp, and then one output to tv. Thought this was the best way but dont know much about your amp.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom