Installer wanted in Guildford

B

barbrook2

Hi, Can anyone help with the following? :-

I'm about to have an extension done on the house and thought it might be a good time to look at getting some cabling put in to distribute AV from a number of sources all around the house.

At the same time I'd like to get cabling put in for a computer network (it's a nice old solid brick house so wireless LAN is a bit iffy in some locations).

On the AV side I was thinking of something along the lines of the AVILynx system. But what I really need is someone who can come to the house and advise, come up with a design and then do the installation.

I'm looking to distribute from 5 or 6 sources to 5 tvs and would like to keep the budget to about £2K.

Is this feasible? or am I asking too much?

I don't know a great deal about cable types and the products that are out there so any help would be gratefully received. :)

Thanks

£2k is the bottom end but there is often a way to get what you want for a reasonable price. AVlynx is composite video only which in these days of HDMI and HD video may end up being an expensive mistake.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I'll give them a call.

I'm really not in the £32K league at all. Just need the advice and someone to put in the cable infrastructure.

I realize avilynx won't give perfect picture quality, but it should be good enough for my immediate requirements, and when HD solutions become more reasonably priced, I should have the cabling in place to replace avilynx with the new system...... that's the plan anyway.

Thanks again.:smashin:

there are component video solutions available for a little over budget but you need to discuss this in more detail with someone local who can advise on the whole lot data, comms, video etc

I have edited the above post while £32k will get you great system i meant to type £3-2k as the bottom end..........

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom