• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Installer wanted in Guildford

B

barbrook2

Hi, Can anyone help with the following? :-

I'm about to have an extension done on the house and thought it might be a good time to look at getting some cabling put in to distribute AV from a number of sources all around the house.

At the same time I'd like to get cabling put in for a computer network (it's a nice old solid brick house so wireless LAN is a bit iffy in some locations).

On the AV side I was thinking of something along the lines of the AVILynx system. But what I really need is someone who can come to the house and advise, come up with a design and then do the installation.

I'm looking to distribute from 5 or 6 sources to 5 tvs and would like to keep the budget to about £2K.

Is this feasible? or am I asking too much?

I don't know a great deal about cable types and the products that are out there so any help would be gratefully received. :)

Thanks

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
£2k is the bottom end but there is often a way to get what you want for a reasonable price. AVlynx is composite video only which in these days of HDMI and HD video may end up being an expensive mistake.

Last edited:
B

barbrook2

Thanks for that. I'll give them a call.

I'm really not in the £32K league at all. Just need the advice and someone to put in the cable infrastructure.

I realize avilynx won't give perfect picture quality, but it should be good enough for my immediate requirements, and when HD solutions become more reasonably priced, I should have the cabling in place to replace avilynx with the new system...... that's the plan anyway.

Thanks again.:smashin:

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
there are component video solutions available for a little over budget but you need to discuss this in more detail with someone local who can advise on the whole lot data, comms, video etc

I have edited the above post while £32k will get you great system i meant to type £3-2k as the bottom end..........

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom