installation

elgorm

How do,

I've just ordered the 60mb broadband as Sky ADSL was painfully slow, but the house I've just moved into previously had Virgin and left all the cables and superhub.

I rang virgin to see if I could plug it all in myself but they insisted a engineer comes round and plugs it all in.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to get the internet up and running before the engineer comes as all the kit is there??

Cheers

D

Deleted member 171211

I doubt it, sadly. They probably want to check everything works OK and none of the wiring has been damaged. I'd be inclined to use it as a chance to get some stuff moved if it's not where you want it.

Jo36

Novice Member
I've got the same ( virgin media ) fittings. My installation date is 2nd September I received my hub and plugged it in to give it a try and had a internet connection after putting in my password , but when I tried looking at my account on my sky services on the television it said critical error, so I unplugged it straight away , could anyone tell me if you would use the Wi-Fi or wait .

Inferno

Distinguished Member
I highly doubt that your wi-fi will work either well not the VM one linked to that router and what have you.

sergiup

Distinguished Member
I've got the same ( virgin media ) fittings. My installation date is 2nd September I received my hub and plugged it in to give it a try and had a internet connection after putting in my password , but when I tried looking at my account on my sky services on the television it said critical error, so I unplugged it straight away , could anyone tell me if you would use the Wi-Fi or wait .

You're getting VM broadband but want to check your Sky account..?
Anyway - the reason is that they would almost always need to give you new equipment, and they do insist on an engineer checking that everything is within optimal parameters. It's better to be sure than to have an angry customer.
Nothing will work until they attend.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom