• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be down from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for quite some time while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Installation today

Rob_J

Im supposed to be having sky installed today but so far the engineer has not phoned to let me know a time, does this mean there is no chance hes coming or will he still turn up without letting me know. There supposed to phone before 9am according to my letter.

Rob_J

Please help, im trying to get through on 08705959595 and iv already been waiting for ages.

thfccambs

Banned
Mine just turned up about 2 weeks ago on a saturday without calling.Best call them to find out as he might be having a sickie.

Rob_J

Im trying iv been on waiting on the phone for about 30 mins now.

Rob_J

hung up on the phone after 40 mins of waiting, i have the previous sky engineers mobile number, he didnt install anything because i need special heights, is there any point in calling him. Or are there any other ways of getting through to sky?

Rob_J

Just got through on the freephone number, she said the guy is currently on a job or driving so cant answer but they have left a message on his phone to contact me.

J

JennyR

Good luck, I was phoned on the morning of Sat 2nd Dec with a time slot of 3-6pm. At 5.40 called again to say they wouldn't make it and would come Mon or Tues and Sky would phone and tell me. No call, so phoned on Monday to be put through to installers (eventually!) who said they would come on Thurs. Thurs came and no call so I phoned Sky again who said accorning to their records installation was set for 21st Dec. I said no way get it sorted and they booked it in again for Monday 11th. Come that day no call from installer as promised and couldn't get through to Sky all day to find out what was happening. 3.15pm the guy turns up on my doorstep. Got there in the end but it was the most stress inducing week I've had in a long time!

cat777

Standard Member
HI. i have had so called sky engineers (independants)out four times in the last three weeks! my dish was relocated on to a t&k brackett, and placed on the gable end of the house, previous to that it was located down on my garden fence, where the signal was getting blocked, hence why i had it relocated. ever since, it as lost signal four times, every time a engineer came out realigned it, each one blaming the previous engineers work, saying they had not done this right, or that should have not been put there. so on friday i had booked with sky a refit, who said a engineer would come out and locate the dish again, he arrived eventually at 3 o clock, i told him the problem, and he started making excuses that he could not remove the t&k brackett, because it would leave holes in the wall where the bolts would come out, ther for water would ingress these holes, so he phoned his manager, who told him to turn the job down. so i was left without sky tv again. i rang sky and explained, they just appolgised, and said they would rebook a refit for tuesday. so this will be the 5th time they are coming out.so when i explained that if this engineer does not relocate the dish, what happens next? the person from sky said you need six strikes for a particular problem, then if it is not resolved. they would send one of ther own sky engineers out who is a expert in this field!! so i have said that if it is not sorted on tuesday, i will be definatly be cancelling. in the meantime it as cost me a small fortune in phone calls, plus i have always been polite with sky staff. just thought i would share my experiance with members about sky.

Rob_J

Well they didnt turn up, so i phoned again and now i have a date for the 30th, they just cant get it into there heads that i cant do weekdays.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom