installation problem?hi

suki26

Standard Member
hi everyone,i ordered sky hd on thursday and am currently waiting for them to call me back with an installation date.reading the forums this weekend,i've realised that the engineer will need access to the current dish.this is going to be a problem for me as since the original installation 6 years ago i have had a car port built underneath the dish.didn't think they'd need access to the dish as i thought they'd just change the boxes.what do sky do in these instances?if it's going to be a problem i may just cancel and leave it as it is.thanks

suki26

Standard Member
thanks for the reply,have just been on to sky,who say they can't put a new dish up because it's against planning regs.you can only have one dish up at a time.he also said they're coming thurs to do the installation,so i don't know what's going to happen.have been on to my local planning office,but they're all out.any ideas?before thurs,if poss!!

greigc

Standard Member
Planning regs state you can have 2 dishes up i thought as long as they are less than 1m....could be wrong though, and it might be different from council to council!!!

stockyvillage

Novice Member
i have got 2 dishes up both done by sky last one put up 23 may 2006 engineer could not get to 1st dish cos of conservatory so he put new dish up

FRANTIC FRANC

Novice Member
Strictly speaking you need planning permission for 2 dishes but it is rarely policed unless you have crap neigbours.

You have 2 choices as it is unlikely that they will want to put up another dish unless the cable will still reach the dish. Of course slipping the installer a tenner or 2 works wonders on his spiderman skills :D

1. remove a section of car porch to allow access.
2. ask for special heights team who have more gear for problem sites

Cheers, Franc

suki26

Standard Member
thanks to everyone who replied to my post.i've spoken to sky and the guy i spoke to said there shouldn't be a problem.local council are unofficially ok about it,but like you said we'll soon find out if we have crap neighbours!we'll know more on thursday,and i'll let you all know.thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom