Installation in a garage? Any Issues?

MikeWarner

Novice Member
I have a house with an integral garage. The TV back onto the wall which seperates the loung from the garage. I've had the idea of installing all the AV equipment except the TV in the garage with wires going through the wall to the back of the TV.

I have an xBox360, Onkyo AV amp, Sky HD, Media Centre PC and a DVD player. Would there be any issues with the cold in the garage damaging the equipment? I will try to seal it up a bit more - i.e. draft excluders on the garage door. There is a room above the garage and each side of it, so there is good insulation there.

I will have my xBox 360 HD-DVD drive stick on the back of the TV so I can play DVDs (and games?) etc without going out to the garage - also, most DVDs are on my Media Centre PC.

Also, can anyone recommend a good IR repeater with a fair length on the wires?

Why am I doing this? Well it will free up a lot of floor space in the lounge and make it feel tidier and bigger. It should be a pretty good setup as the only visible item would be the screen and the speakers.

Many thanks.

smashie

Novice Member
damp would be my main concern mate, heat is generated by components when switched on, and if it's cold in your garage i could possibly forsee condensation forming inside you components.. i may be wrong but it's somthing to consider..

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom