1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installation help

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by WeirdFish, Oct 16, 2003.

1. WeirdFish

WeirdFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    After looking into the pro's & cons of 36" CRT's or Rear pro's I have come to the conclusion that neither are really what I want.

I'm quite happy really with my 32" tv for general viewing but want something better for DVD's so am pleased to see LCD projectors have become very affordable.

I'm tempted by the AE200 at its bargain price but might be convinced to spend the extra on a AE300 or Z1 but we'll see.

I'm gonna need a pull down screen as it will be sited within a bay window, so where's the best place to source screens and wot makes should i search for?

The other issue I have is that using the AE200 for the calculations I'm gonna end up with the projector pretty much in the middle of the ceiling which aint gonna look good. So has anyone made a diy retractable projector stand? Luckily there's loft space above the room.

Thanks

Steve

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    A hanging screen away from a wall can move around i a very small draft have a look at OWL video for screens they do a nice white box and electric operation with auto switches for LCD units like Z1