1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

installation advice

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by rb5201, Apr 29, 2005.

1. rb5201

rb5201

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Hi, Im in the process of purchasing a panasonic 42" screen with surround sound set up but am in the need of someone to install it for me. Can anyone suggest or recommend someone in the essex area. Have already gone over my budget on the screen speakers etc so someone competitive would be an advantage!! Any help offered would be much appreciated.

2. JohnCCFC

JohnCCFC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    What exactly is it you need installing?

It's not difficult to set up by yourself. What do you think you're going to struggle with?

i.e. The plasma would need setting to cinema/movie (a preset option) certainly for the first 200 hrs or so. The surround system either has a built-in self setup (levels, balance, delay etc) or is quite easy to do a little fiddling to get something sounding ok. Over time you could just adjust as your ears tell you to. If you wanted a right good job done, you could get the plasma ISF callibrated by a pro (Gordon or Piers in these forums do that) after it's 200 hours. I haven't had it done yet, but will soon. By all accounts it's the bees knees.

Not sure whether you got the plamsa speakers AND a surround system. Could you clarify?

3. rb5201

rb5201

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Have nearly purchased sceen, speakers, dvd, amp etc but just checking price to install and fit to wall as not confident on doing it myself. I want the screen on the wall with the wires either chased in wall or if it can be done dropped down the wall and pulled out of bottom as I beleive this can be done fairly easily on newer houses, and all kit wired up correctly. If the wall needs to be dug out and re-plastered then again this is something I would not want to attempt myself. Does this make sense??

4. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Talk to Liam at Progressive AV...he is a site member too. Best in biz and he can do all dat for you.

Dil

5. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    NOt sure everyone would agree with that. There are hundreds of installers in your area, Liam is in Kent, MAW is in Surrey, both worth asking for a quote, also there is now a dedicated for this type of enquirey
    http://www.avforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180

6. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    oops! My personal installer of course...Hundreds more! MAW is cool...

xxx