Install sunday...Questions

TANKRS15

Established Member
Reaction score
HD install Sunday.:clap::clap:
Will only be accepting Pace or Samsung,anything else will be rejected.
Is there anything the installer should do or not do before he legs it

Tankrs

You are right only to take that selection of boxes.

He should do a backup sw download, some don't.

He will connect to a phone line, so if you don't want a messy install get a phone point or extension lead ready.

Cheers tivo.:thumbsup:
I'm sorted for phone line, this is upgrade from +.
Do you know what sw number it is at the moment?

Thanks
Tankrs

Cheers tivo.:thumbsup:
I'm sorted for phone line, this is upgrade from +.
Do you know what sw number it is at the moment?

Thanks
Tankrs

Erm, I think it ends with a k for all old epg boxes.

If you get the pace, the backup stream is still the old epg SW, but it should update overnight.

Only the backup stream for thomson have the new EPG, and you won't be getting a thomson.

Only other things you may like to know, is you should get to keep the full retail box, inc manuals, cables, mains, RF, scart and HDMI (Which is fine, no need to buy a expensive one).

Don't forget youe new Sky+HD remote and batteries.
Your current + remote will work, may be handy if you are using a Sky eye to a bedroom, but make sure he does not take it, or your + box.

Good luck.

tivo
Thanks for info.
installer will be lucky to leave in one piece if he tries to take anything away other than himself!!
Here's hoping it works out of box ok

tankrs

Just wondering what's wrong with the Thompson as I have one and don't have any problems? :confused:

Just wondering what's wrong with the Thompson as I have one and don't have any problems? :confused:

Neither do I. Performs a treat ( 3007 ). Aside from the PSU issue, these boxes are generally OK. Anyway, they got a bad name for long enough as they were the only types in circulation. Now there are Paces, Samsungs and Amstrads. Hopefully Sky will have learnt from Thomson power problems in the new boxes. Only time will tell.

I did not say there is anything wrong with a thomson (no P in it by the way).
As it is a new install, he should not be getting a thomson as they have not made HD boxes for over 6 months, and they don't have new ones around anymore for new installs.

Cheers, thanks for clearing that up. Allways was a bad speller! :rolleyes:

I did not say there is anything wrong with a thomson (no P in it by the way).
As it is a new install, he should not be getting a thomson as they have not made HD boxes for over 6 months, and they don't have new ones around anymore for new installs.

So if mine goes faulty I'll get a different make? or a recon? :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom