Install/Re-Install SonicStage 3.1 HELP

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by lacla_1966, Mar 20, 2006.

1. lacla_1966

lacla_1966
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    My daughter and I had an NW-HD3 which came with SonicStage 2.3 which was very unstable and crashed constantly. When my daughter got the NW-HD5 I used the link on Sony website to upgrade to version 3.1. Still unstable, still crashes, but not as often.

We have now upgraded to NW-HD5 giving my husband my HD3 and was wondering if I should put the proper 3.1 version that came on the CD with the HD5 onto the PC? If I should, must I "uninstall" SonicStage 3.1 first as it's the "update". If I do this, could I lose all the music on all 4 mp3's (3HD5's and one HD3)? Should I just download the FULL 3.4 version? Or should I stay as I am even though it crashes!!

Really don't want to have to put all CD's back onto Sonic Stage then onto all 4 mp3's as I delete my music from the PC when I transfer it. HELP:lease:

Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002
    Service Pack 1
    2.93 GHz
    512 MB RAM
    160 GB Hard Drive

2. KJ_Palmer

KJ_Palmer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It might best best to install SS3.4, though of course there are no guarantees it will work any better. If you install it 'over the top' of 3.1 you shouldn't lose your tracks. I've always done that with SS upgrades rather than uninstalling first. You'd probably still have them in your library even if you did a complete uninstall (which might be advisable), though I'm not 100% sure... Good luck...