• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Install memory in dell 1525

chaz

Hi i am just about to upgrade my memory on my Dell inspron 1525 laptop have been looking on goggle & you tube on how to install it. I am now a bit confused on how to change it in some of the video it says undo the bottom plate take out the old memory and put in the new which looks quite straight forward and simple but in other videos it says you put one module in the bottom where its marked memory then you then take the keyboard of to install the second module which is the correct way? as i don't wont to do it wrong thanks

Last edited:

Fordy1

chaz

Thanks for that video but there is one small problem i have got to put 2 modules in the laptop do you know how i get in the second one in do i have to go though the keyboard way as some of the videos show? as the above video shows only putting one in

MarkE19

Watching the video above it looks to me like the second RAM module is sat under the one that is being replaced. So I would think it is just a matter of removing the top RAM module to gain access to the second one, and therefore no need to remove the keyboard to replace both modules.

Mark.

chaz

Great thanks a lot guys:thumbsup: for all this help i just got so confused with these instruction videos on how to put the second module in including the the company who i am getting the memory from "Crucial" In one video they show only putting one module in then showing a other video putting 2 modules in a Dell Inspron 1520 and that showed him taking the keyboard apart and putting the second one in I am just glad got my model sorted out:thumbsup: thanks again for coming to the rescue:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom