install letter?

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are you supposed to get a letter confirming install etc???
i am due it next saturday

yes you are supposed to get a confirmation letter. it could be that its got lost in the post so it may be worth giving sky a ring just to confirm install date

How long before install are you supposed to receive viewing card as I'm due for install on the 19th & have not received my card yet. Any answers ppreciated

Hi

Letter came two weeks before install, card 2 days before install.

Regards

i phoned them up and got some lady who sounded totally uninterested in what i had to say,she could only onfirm that next sat is my install day

Got a confirmation letter with my original install date and another one with the brought forward date.

what about the viewing card, do you geta new one sent out?

ahh im not so thats cool.cheers

MrFurious said:
ahh im not so thats cool.cheers

In that case the installer will use your existing card. That's what he did with me.
I was hoping for a new card, so I could use my old one with my old box upstairs, but i guess I'll have to buy a freesat card from them instead.

Im due to have HD installed on the 16th (everything crossed), completely new to Sky, so if this card doesn't arrive prior to installation am I up the creek without a paddle so to speak?

John

oldgits said:
Im due to have HD installed on the 16th (everything crossed), completely new to Sky, so if this card doesn't arrive prior to installation am I up the creek without a paddle so to speak?

John

I reckon you would be!!

You defo need a card for the install to be successful. I'm not sure how close to the install date Sky usually send out cards to new customers, but you might wanna chase it up.

The card often comes as late, as the day before or even the morning / afternoon of the installation.

If it hasn't arrived, you at least have half a paddle the engineer will still go ahead with the install, you will just have the pleasurable task of activating the card yourself by phoning sky when it does arrive

Thanks for your replies, I must admit, when first entering this forum I thought half the users on here suffered from complete paranoia about having a little box installed to provide a better picture, alas, I am amongst them now too!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom