1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

install advice/best way to set up please help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by newstuart, May 9, 2004.

1. newstuart

newstuart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Hi people
    Im hoping for some advice on my system,let me explain briefly what i have
    LIVING ROOM
    Daewoo plasma screen
    Pioneer DVD/AMP combo

Office

Media center pc
    Telewest cable box

Basically I have it set up this way as i want as little clutter as possible in the living room except a dvd to save having to go into other room to change discs

At present I have the cable box direct into media center which is
    connected via s-video to plasma (although the lead is almost 15m long,the display quality I get is very poor compared to in my bedroom where I have a basic(60pound from argos) "digi sender" which outputs direct from the second scart on the cable box.my first thought is could I get a second digi sender reciever and connect this to the plasma eliminating the long cable run ? if so how would I over come the issue that the plasma has no scarts yet the digi sender only outputs to scart ?is trying to get a control box/tuner for the plasma to give me scart inputs also allowing RGB from my video the answer if so where from ? any other ideas would be much appreciated as Im looking very forward to being able to watching a much better quality image on the plasma.
    Im also looking for a better quality way to conect the dvd to the plasma as at present its only on composit output as the plasma has 1 s-vid input

Sorry I know there are a load of questions here but would be most greatfull for any advice