• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Inspiron 15r?

TellyTel

Distinguished Member
hi

im interested in the dell Inspiron 15r , i was looking at the studioo range but seen this has fairly good specs also , is this range ok compared to the studio?

im really in a pickle on what new laptop to get , im set on a dell and have a budget of £500-£600

uses are :

internet
word office
fm 2010
itunes/ipod
photos viewing and burning to dvd

Last edited:

TellyTel

Distinguished Member
hi again

well i got the dell inspiron 5010 (15r) in the end, i went into pc world and had a look at the laptops and saw it in there but it was a lot more money as it had the i5 processor so i got mine from dell.

i could of got a studio but as i wanted 4 gig ram it would have been a little more money with the spec i want.

this is what ive got

windows 7 premium 64bit
i3-350m
4 gig ram
500gig hardrive
1 gig ati radeon hd 5470

£578 incl delivery

Last edited:

tazmago

Distinguished Member
Hi Gunner, I am trying to decide between the Dell 1564 or 15R :confused:

I see from another of your posts that you have just received your 15r, any chance of a little review on your new arrival :thumbsup:

Cheers, J

TellyTel

Distinguished Member
hi there

well ive not had much time on it yet , just uninstalled stuff i dont want and updated anything that needs.

So far im very happy with it , its sleek looking with a greyish aluminium finish and the keyboard has a very nice feel to it.

not had it on long but it runs nice and quite and does not seem to get that hot, whatever laptop you go for im sure you will be happy with either:thumbsup:

paul_round

Established Member
I've just bought my son an inspiron 1564 from the Dell outlet, it's meant to be a refurb, but looks new to me. Core I3, 3GB RAM and a 250GB hard drive for £380 delivered.

tazmago

Distinguished Member
Hi,

still looking at Dells and noticed the 15r (N5010) in PC World for £499 (same as Dell website). Looking at the onscreen specs I noticed that the wireless performance is only G rated so I asked the PC guy about this and he said it was only G but it was a high G (g/n) :confused:

Looking at reviews I was sure they state that the 15r is wireless-n compatible and on the Dell website the wireless card in these is a Dell Wireless 1501 Mini Card (802.11g/n).

So can anyone confirm that the 15r supports wireless n and that the staff at PC World are talking out of their backside? Really like the look of this lappy but a little confused now :(

Cheers, J

brookheather

Distinguished Member
Hi,

still looking at Dells and noticed the 15r (N5010) in PC World for £499 (same as Dell website). Looking at the onscreen specs I noticed that the wireless performance is only G rated so I asked the PC guy about this and he said it was only G but it was a high G (g/n) :confused:

Looking at reviews I was sure they state that the 15r is wireless-n compatible and on the Dell website the wireless card in these is a Dell Wireless 1501 Mini Card (802.11g/n).

So can anyone confirm that the 15r supports wireless n and that the staff at PC World are talking out of their backside? Really like the look of this lappy but a little confused now :(

Cheers, J

I think even the base 15r has the Dell 1501 Wireless N card so the PC World one should have it as well - worst case it costs £10 for a Wireless N card.

- Simon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom