inspirational ideas for wall colours

suniil

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've started DIY rebuild-refurb of my house and in need of some ideas for wall colours in living room.

Most of my AV gear are black. Sofa is dark brown & planning to buy gloss black alphason AV cabinet. I love very light colours [except magnolia] with a dark colour on feature wall [Orange or Dark gray].

Room size is 15x12 ft with plenty of day light (8 downlights otherwise).

Any ideas much appreciated, including pics of your walls :)

Many thanks
S

I painted a landscape seen on a lounge wall once. The view was from the moons surface looking back over moonscape, to the earth. Why have boring walls?

Theres hundreds of living rooms / cinema rooms on display here

John

Much depends on floor covering as well. I stumbled across a colour which we used on our "feature" wall: Tudor Rose.

Crown Paints brochure has it in. Rich, warm colour and most anything "goes" with it.

Thanks bob, floors will be light beige polished porcelain tiles.

Much depends on floor covering as well. I stumbled across a colour which we used on our "feature" wall: Tudor Rose.

Crown Paints brochure has it in. Rich, warm colour and most anything "goes" with it.

Tudor Rose goes well with "beige". Our other walls were soft cream (not magnolia) and the carpet a dark royal blue colour. Looks well even though I say it myself!

I've got a nice light blue/soft blue-turquoise sky effect going on

Course if I had my way I would go for a nice soft lilac colour

This is still my favourite paint scheme, taken from one of the members on here;

PlasmaSetup42-1.jpg

You could do the dark colour chocolate brown to contrast with your suite, rather than black ??

terracota.......

Sample......

lounge_5.jpg

Beige type colour to walls,terracota to feature wall.......thats my pennies worth.....:rolleyes::D

Did you know you've missed a few bits around the edges? :)

Where!!!!!.....................:eek: :confused: :rolleyes: :D

many thanks pave. do you have a pic of finished room? i'm looking something very close to that.

Hi,Suniil....Got the pic off the net,just to show you the colour on a wall,I have seen the combination in a room,looks really nice......

Oh....my living area is in ..........................Magnolia...........:eek:...or ,as i tell my guests.........summer breeze............:D

Tried to get the walls and carpet in to show the combination together. Terracota behind the tv and natural hessian on the other. Camera hasnt caught it totally accurate but maybe enough to give an idea.

lounge002.jpg

Thanks, looks cool and similar (ish) to terracotta. what colour you have on other walls?

Oh....my living area is in ..........................Magnolia...........:eek:...or ,as i tell my guests.........summer breeze............:D

:rotfl::rotfl:

suniil, I could say summer breeze also :D it was the only colour match that didn't have a hint of something in it - it's just a nice rich cream colour :)

Here's our lounge;
04092007082.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl:

suniil, I could say summer breeze also :D it was the only colour match that didn't have a hint of something in it - it's just a nice rich cream colour :)

Here's our lounge;
04092007082.jpg

:rotfl: some peoples houses :rotfl: wait a minute...... WHAT THE FLIP (swear filter)!!!!!!!! :mad:

:D

which brand terracotta it is?

Tried to get the walls and carpet in to show the combination together. Terracota behind the tv and natural hessian on the other. Camera hasnt caught it totally accurate but maybe enough to give an idea.

which brand terracotta it is?

Its Dulux Natural Terracota.
Whenever I buy paint ,even if its a standard colour on the shelf, I take a tin of whatever I want to the bit where they mix the paint for you - where all those little strips of every shade of every colour is and get them to match it and freshly mix a tin for me. Costs a couple of quid more but Ive always found it goes on the wall nicer and easier.
There are probably 2 reasons for this
a) the paint hasnt sat on a shelf for weeks and settled and gone thick
b) Im a crap painter and need all the help i can get.

Ive tried the suede and metallic paints and found it very difficult to do it properly - others on here have though.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom