Inspiration4

oneman

They have been quite interesting, thought they would focus on SpaceX but they didn't. Jarad has obviously come off very well. And a lot of focus on Hayley who was the least 'qualified' out of them.

Pillow Lover

Distinguished Member
Chris is quite amusing standing around like a spare part. Fair play to him he won the seat fair and square but the other 3 all have interesting back stories that justify their place on the mission and he just won a raffle basically. :D

I would've liked to have watched the launch live but it was too late for me so will catch up tonight.

oneman

Chris is quite amusing standing around like a spare part. Fair play to him he won the seat fair and square but the other 3 all have interesting back stories that justify their place on the mission and he just won a raffle basically. :D

I would've liked to have watched the launch live but it was too late for me so will catch up tonight.
Chris didn't actually win a seat, it was given to him by somebody who couldn't make the schedule.

oneman

Nasa Space Flight covering the launch. Always have interesting commentary so worth watching from the beginning. The also raised over $150k for the St Jude charity I think.

Tim Dodd covering the launch, again very insightful commentary.

Scott Manley giving some background

Pillow Lover

Distinguished Member
Chris didn't actually win a seat, it was given to him by somebody who couldn't make the schedule.
Yeah I think I remember that but don’t think they mentioned it in the documentary?

oneman

Yeah I think I remember that but don’t think they mentioned it in the documentary?
They didn't. Technically he is very good and probably appreciates how difficult the mission is. Jarad obviously has done his research and technically looks like he could take control if needed.

Obviously it was just a short documentary but Sian didn't come off great. She almost made it as an astronaut with NASA but is was a long time ago. She struggled on the team building where Jarad had to take her backpack and then when she doing passenger jet flight where she couldn't keep up with the flow of information.

Pillow Lover

Distinguished Member
Obviously Jarad is a quality individual, but of the 3 other crew members I think Hayley is the star of the show.

She's obviously not as smart or informed about space as the others, but her back story is impeccable and she's definitely giving it her all and going on an amazing journey. She's come a long way from her initial "will we be going to the moon?" comment :laugh:

afcbfan

I'm going to try and spot this as it passes over tonight, should the fine weather hold. Will be difficult as it's low in the sky, not very bright and the Moon is interfering. It'll have to be a binocular job.

oneman

I'm going to try and spot this as it passes over tonight, should the fine weather hold. Will be difficult as it's low in the sky, not very bright and the Moon is interfering. It'll have to be a binocular job.
Is it going to be visible, it's quiet small and orbit is very high compared to something like ISS.

oneman

Well they are back safe and sound, seems like a quick 3 days. Been complaints in press about lack of content. Not sure what I was expecting, it was a private flight after all. I assume there will be some stuff in the final Netflix episode along with photos and stuff.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom