Insomnia

Jase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just ordered this from Play.com due out 15-10-02. Stars Al Pacino and is directed by Christopher Nolan (Memento).

Here´s the link Insomnia and info at the IMDB HERE
:)

i would recommend you try to see the original film. Its out on Criterion!! Superb :D
It makes me agry when hollywood remake great films and then flog them off as originals :mad:
marc

Ordered mine from CD-WOW a while back. It's only £13.99 (but I got it for £13.49 'cause I had a voucher).

The original Criterion is £16.99 at CD-WOW from what I remember. Apparently the remake is better than the original according to some reviews... not often you hear that!!

You'd save a fortune if you ordered some stuff from CD-WOW instead of using Play all the time Jase - CD-WOW does free worldwide shipping ;)

Haven't seen the original but remake is not great - not even in the same league as Memento. It's a pity Nolan came from such an original and clever movie to a derivative and predictable one. Still, I suppose he wanted to work with Pacino - who as always - is great in the movie.

Originally posted by Squirrel God

You'd save a fortune if you ordered some stuff from CD-WOW instead of using Play all the time Jase - CD-WOW does free worldwide shipping ;)

I keep meaning to set an account up but never get round to it! They charge upfront for pre-orders though don´t they?? Not keen on that to be honest.:(

...CD-WOW does free worldwide shipping ;)

Actually they DON'T:mad: they won't deliver to me here in Greece. I've written them twice, but, there is no changing their minds :confused:

Originally posted by Jase
I keep meaning to set an account up but never get round to it! They charge upfront for pre-orders though don´t they?? Not keen on that to be honest.:(
Yeah they do Jase, but if you only order a few weeks in advance isn't it worth it to save a few quid each time? :) They'll cancel immediately and refund your money if you change your mind :) Anyway, up to you ;)

Originally posted by marcoeser
Actually they DON'T:mad: they won't deliver to me here in Greece. I've written them twice, but, there is no changing their minds :confused:
They do free worldwide shipping to the countries they list, which includes Spain (where Jase is based). If you live in Greece, then you know how bad the post is there - that's probably why they don't want to deliver there ;)

then you know how bad the post is there - that's probably why they don't want to deliver there ;)
I have to come in here. I've had more post missing/damaged when I was living in the UK than now here in Greece. I haven't lost a single order from Play or FutureEnt. So I don't understand CDwow. Greece is not as bad as everone believes.
marc

The original Criterion is £16.99 at CD-WOW from what I remember. Apparently the remake is better than the original according to some reviews... not often you hear that!!
[/B]

I saw the remake at the cinema last week.
It's no way better than the original, imho.
Changed too much of the plot near the end and Al Pacino's character was too nice in caparison to Stellan Sarsgard's.

Time for me to unsubscribe from this thread before anyone else decides to reveal details of the movie without due warning :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom