Question Insignia NS-PDP50, HDMI/DVI, and a PS4

626Aussie

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have my PS4 hooked up to my old Insignia NS-PDP50 (720p model, not 1080p). After getting Horizon Zero Dawn (& also This War of Mine) I've discovered the TV has an overscan problem and the outer edges of the picture are being cut off. There's nothing in the settings to turn off overscan, and I can't seem to find a 1:1 pixel or any other setting to force the TV to display the PS4's picture correctly.

My PS4 is currently plugged into the HDMI2 slot and I thought maybe that if I plugged it into the HDMI/DVI slot (where the Bluray is normally plugged in) that it might eliminate the problem, except when I do that the TV cannot detect a signal. I unplugged the PS4 and plugged it back into HDMI2 and everything works fine, but when I plug it into the HDMI1/DVI slot the TV says "no signal". On whim I went into the PS4's video settings and switched it from Auto to 720p, but that didn't help.

The Bluray works just fine in the HDMI/DVI slot, and the PS4 and its HDMI cable clearly work just fine, too. But when the PS4 is plugged into the HDMI/DVI slot: "no signal".

Anyone have any ideas why, or better still, how I might be able to resolve this? I seem to recall having a "no signal" issue when I first got the Bluray and obviously I fixed it then, but my Netfu has failed me and I can't find the solution to this problem. Actually I think I recall at that time I plugged in the Bluray via S-Video and set its output to Auto instead of 1080p, but with the PS4 that "trick" isn't working.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom