Insidious Chapter 2

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
August 30, 2013

Everyone is returning for the follow-up film to the most profitable film of 2011.

Directed by James Wan

Written by Leigh Whannell

Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, Ty Simpkins

Press release;
Los Angeles November 19, 2012 – FilmDistrict, Alliance Films and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions announced today that they will bring INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 2, the sequel to last year's hit film INSIDIOUS which captivated horror movie fans worldwide, to U.S. theatres on August 30, 2013 via FilmDistrict. Patrick Wilson, Rose Byrne, Lin Shaye, and Ty Simpkins will reprise their roles in the film which James Wan, who directed INSIDIOUS, will direct from a script written by Leigh Whannell who also wrote the first film. Jason Blum, who produced INSIDIOUS, is producing the low-budget sequel through his Blumhouse Productions. Brian Kavanaugh Jones, Oren Peli , Steven Schneider, and Charles Layton are executive producing. Production on the sequel is set to begin on January 15, 2013 in Los Angeles.

Peter Schlessel, FilmDistrict's CEO, stated, “We are all very excited to see the next chapter of James and Leigh's vision of the Further. It's great to be in business again with Blumhouse, Alliance and Sony.”

“Blumhouse is committed to empowering filmmakers to tell their stories and we are excited to do that once again with the team from the first INSIDIOUS including James and Leigh and the original cast,” said Blum. “We also look forward to working with our partners on the first film- FilmDistrict, Alliance and Sony.”

Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions acquired the U.S. rights to the film in conjunction with FilmDistrict. INSIDIOUS CHAPTER 2 is being financed by Alliance Films. FilmDistrict will distribute the film theatrically in the United States, with Sony handling the majority of ancillary rights in the U.S. Alliance Films will distribute in Canada, the UK (via its Momentum Pictures subsidiary) and Spain (via Aurum), and Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions will distribute in all other international territories.

The first INSIDIOUS, starring Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne, told the story of Josh and Renai Lambert and their son Dalton, confronting the demons that possess the young boy. The project was picked up by Sony Pictures Worldwide Acquisitions at the 2010 Toronto International Film Festival and distributed by FilmDistrict. It was released on April 1, 2011, and has grossed $97 million worldwide. With the picture's reported $1.5 million budget, it has led to the film being called the most profitable film of 2011.

Wan most recently directed THE CONJURING for Warner Bros. The film, which reunited him with INSIDIOUS star Patrick Wilson, will open on July 19. Wan is also set to direct a feature adaptation of the hit television series MACGYVER for Warner Bros.

Wilson and Byrne are represented by CAA. Byrne is also represented by RGM Artist Group. Shaye is represented by Don Buchwald & Assoc. / Fortitude. Simpkins is represented by ICM Partners. Wan and Whannell are represented by Paradigm and Stacey Testro International.

Blumhouse, which produced INSIDIOUS, has created a model of producing low-budget genre films for wide release and the company has produced five movies in the past two years that out grossed their budgets on opening weekend, most recently SINISTER and PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4.

Love James Wan his so imaginative and creative with his story-telling, can't wait for the Conjuring too.

Set photos, featuring the back of young actor Ty Simpkins, back as Dalton Lambert, and director James Wan (below)

James Wan;
"You need lots of candles for hypnosis"
322454i.jpg

2214e.jpg

Teaser promo image from James Wan's (The Conjuring, Fast and the Furious 7) Insidious Chapter 2

455787.jpg

to be honest, i didn't find the first one all that scary, but I like that they're doing an actual sequel and not just making the same film again with a different cast like a lot of horror sequels.

The first wasnt much cop but this one looks like it could be better, hopefully.

I quite enjoyed the first one, even with it's non-scary climax. Looking forward to this!

the violin sound effects got on my nerves from the first one. Needs more scary looking demons me thinks.

to be honest, i didn't find the first one all that scary, but I like that they're doing an actual sequel and not just making the same film again with a different cast like a lot of horror sequels.

Looks like more of the same to me, down to repeating scares from the first one.

My local Cineworld is having a combined Insidious/Insidious 2 showing on Thur 12th, not sure if its at all Cineworld cinemas nationwide but worth a pop if you want to see both. Only ever saw the first one on blu so will be good to see it on the big screen.

im going to give this a miss at the cinema me thinks due to the average reviews, and The Conjuring with it's positive reviews was not the greatest, unless i decide to see it of course :D

Saw this last night at my local Cineworld as part of A Insidious/Insidious 2 double bill. Cinema was reasonably packed and the first film still held the scares even though I own the film already. The second one I thought used some great ideas and had a bit of a The Shining vibe to it at times. The only things I had issue with the film was the scene where the
young Elise was shown with young Josh I didn't agree with the use of superimposing her voice onto the actor who played her
as you just knew it didn't look right on screen and the comic relief of her two assistants in the present. Whilst I know it breaks up the tension a bit I felt it didn't feel right in this type of film. Reasonable ending which leaves it open for a third and final chapter in the series. 7/10

No red faced demon either!!! But I believe she sees him at the end of the film due to her looking up at the ceiling behind the girl at the end and uttering "OH MY GOD!!"
:devil:

I really liked the first Insidious but the last act was hideous, hope they've nailed the ending this time.

This will be James Wan's last horror film so they'll probably cast a new director for future sequels.

I'm someone who doesn't find actors in pasty stage make-up scary, so Insidious did nothing for me. It didn't help that it ripped off one of my favourite horror films, Poltergeist so closely, it was worthy of a law suit.

I really liked this film, great carry on from the first. A must watch if you've seen the first. Looking forward to the third.

Does it do anything differently to the first, because I found that near laugh worthy. Hard to think Wan did my favourite horror ever, Saw (disregarding the sequels).

Insidious Web Series

Webisode 1 - "Specs and Tucker" featuring Leigh Whannell and Angus Sampson.
"Watch Specs and Tucker explore the paranormal before they met the Lamberts."

7.5/10

Watched this last night, off too a poor start but soon redeemed itself, liked how it loops back and forth from the first making for a real chapter 2 rather than a poor sequel. Looking forward to pt3.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom