• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Inside Out Steelbook Blu-ray Review

James Thomas 75

Got this earlier on. Haven't actually seen it before,and going in 'blind' after really enjoying the cinema trailer.
If it's half as good as Toy Story,though. I'll definitely enjoy it :)

Chrisharry12345

I love pixar films at saw it at the cinema.. Im really not sure why it gets such rave reviews but each to their own. Might have to get it for the wife anyway :D

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Wow- a clean sweep! I couldn't agree more about the movie, and will be getting this today.

Have to say your opinion of the movie did pre-bias me. Unsurprisingly I was not disappointed. If I'd seen this before Minions, I think I'd have been more critical of the latter.

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
Have to say your opinion of the movie did pre-bias me. Unsurprisingly I was not disappointed. If I'd seen this before Minions, I think I'd have been more critical of the latter.

I was a late-comer to this too, but discovered it was still doing the theatrical rounds a couple of weeks ago. It's nice not to have to wait too long for the disc :).

Another thing I forgot to mention in my amateur review was that the film passes the Bedchel test. In fact, it smashes it!

invisiblekid

Distinguished Member
Another thing I forgot to mention in my amateur review was that the film passes the Bedchel test. In fact, it smashes it!

Of course yes it never occurred to me.

Its the underdog for the Best Film Oscar, so along with 1992 and Silence Of The Lambs, perhaps the Academy could be original for the second time in 24 years.......well one can hope!

QuestShield

Distinguished Member
It's a good film but I wouldn't class it with the absolute best of Pixar though it's undoubtedly a class above the likes of Cars.

Courtjezter

Distinguished Member
I'm with Lucas and Cas on this. Up there with the best and an emotional gut punch that hit me and my daughter hard and we never saw out coming.

LicensedTaximan

I don't usually buy BD's at £24.99 even steelbooks, in fact it's my first at this price point and probably my last. But the "Zavvi" three disc set of the 3D / 2D + extras disc steelbook edition went back into stock and I took the plunge. It's a christmas pressy to myself. :cool: I also went via "Quidco" so I will get around about £1 / £1.50 cashback, so approx £23.50 then.

Last edited:

James Thomas 75

Think it's one I need to view again,at some point.
Not that I didn't enjoy it. Just not too sure exactly how much I enjoyed it (if that makes any sense! :D)

Chinstroke

This for me is probably my movie of the year, Pixar at their best such as they haven't done since Up came out. When we saw this at the cinema you could hear several adults sobbing loudly (I'll admit some dust got into my eyes, but that had nothing to do with the film, honest). When I saw it last night, that emotional punch is still there.

I also really enjoyed the new short film Riley's first date. Just real top class stuff.

ArmitageShanks

I certainly enjoyed this when I saw it at the cinema, but I didn't come away with the feeling that I had to see it again or buy it on release.

Maybe I've just developed Pixar fatigue over the years. Will probably pick it up at some point to expand my 3D collection though.

pjones

Standard Member
Great movie but Wall-E is still Pixar's best film. IMO that is. Toy Story 3 is a close second. I don't know if I'd have this at #3 (probably have Finding Nemo, Toy Story, or The Incredibles there) but it was one of the better movies I have seen over the last few years.

Jase

Distinguished Member
Just a heads up. The UK 2D disc defaults to the DTS-HD HR 5.1 Audio Track rather than the DTS-HD MA 7.1 Track so check the Setup before you hit Play.

As mentioned, it's a great film and a solid 8/10 from me. As with all Pixar's stuff it looks stunning and the sound mix is excellent but I think the LFE could have done with being a bit more aggressive at times.

Last edited:

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
havent seen it yet, but with all pixars i will see it...only ever been disappointed with cars tbh...im still waiting for a 3d version of the incredible s which for me is my fav.. along with toy story and monsters inc

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
Cas thanks for the review, you've managed to strip my wallet twice in quick succession, just picked this up at my local tesco, some people say its brilliant and return to form, and some say it's ok. i will report back when i have time to watch it with my verdict!

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
watched this last night, glorious film, intelligent script and execution, it really does pack an unexpected emotional punch as stated in the review, really tugs on the old heart strings ... definite 10 from me all round

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom