Inside No 9 (BBC Two) Series 9 - TBC

So pleased to hear there's another 2 series coming. Enjoyed series 5 immensely although I still have episodes I prefer from earlier series. One thing I really enjoyed was listening to the podcasts on bbc sounds straight after watching the episodes - really insightful. One thing that stood out for me is that Reece really does get stung by poor feedback on social media. Feel for them, they are great writers and this is one of the best things on tv.

The Stakeout

Or Stake Out.

Reese's character is called Varney, and was then called Varney the Vegan.

Episode 1: Wuthering Heist’

wow amusing, a great watch
A episode that had a lot, breaking the fourth wall, meta references, pantomime, terrible puns 🤣

My wife has now gotten into watching this. I used to watch it on my own but now she wants us to watch it together which means I gotta wait till the weekend to watch this now !
I might just watch it and pretend I haven't. They are easy to watch more than once anyway.

Secretly I have just watched this and it was a very enjoyable episode. I hope the rest of the series is a little better. I did not like the breaking of the forth wall. But the humour is there in spades.
Looking forward to the next episode.

Thought last nights episode was awful. The worst out of any previous episode.

Gutted as I was really looking forward to it. Hope the next few are an improvement.

Thought last nights episode was awful. The worst out of any previous episode.

Gutted as I was really looking forward to it. Hope the next few are an improvement.
I agree, I was bored by it. Probably one of those episodes you either got or didn't and I didn't unfortunately.

What was the one with the lovely Sheridan Smith dressed up in sexy gear at the start and she’s having some fun with a fella, I think she’s a nurse in it or something. I remember it being brutally sad.
Great series and I look forward to seeing new episodes.

What was the one with the lovely Sheridan Smith dressed up in sexy gear at the start and she’s having some fun with a fella, I think she’s a nurse in it or something. I remember it being brutally sad.
Great series and I look forward to seeing new episodes.
12 Days of Christine
Season 2, Episode 2

I thought last nights episode was great, really funny. But then I like breaking the forth and terrible puns :D

I thought last nights episode was great, really funny. But then I like breaking the forth and terrible puns :D
Totally agree. Well worth a listen to Inside Inside No.9 on bbc sounds for insight from Steve & Reece.

Episode 1 was so different to anything I've ever seen on TV before. I really enjoyed it, and marvel at their creativity. I hope the rest of the series is up to this standard.

It was awful and I felt thick when I read the reaction to it on Twitter, I've since found plenty of people who share my own opinion... and the IMDb scores suggest that it was more popular with young people. It just felt so up its own arse.

It was awful and I felt thick when I read the reaction to it on Twitter, I've since found plenty of people who share my own opinion... and the IMDb scores suggest that it was more popular with young people. It just felt so up its own arse.
I'm very happy to be thinking like a young person!

Strange I thought the exact opposite that it didn’t take it’s self seriously at all hence the ‘crap’ jokes. Thoroughly enjoyed it myself.

I'm usually pretty good at knowing which 'comedies' to avoid on TV but having enjoyed pretty much all previous series on Inside No. 9 I was shocked at how bad that first episode was. If that had been the first episode of the first series I wouldn't have seen any after that. It was like watching comedy for the under 11's, if you take away the violence and the swearing.

I don't usually comment on 'comedy' shows as who cares what I think and comedy is so subjective anyway but I can't remember seeing 'comedy' that was so unexpectedly bad.

Really like the show but didn't like this first episode at all.
For me it was to silly and tried to be to clever. It ended up pulling me out of the story.

Ended up watching the house buying one instead with the hit man. Very funny and intelligent.

I thought it was an incredible episode too, one of the best I've seen!

One thing I'm unsure about though

Where did the blood come from before he even met Simon? I guess I'll watch again incase I missed something. Edit, must have been from the earlier scuffle?

Last edited:
I thought it was an incredible episode too, one of the best I've seen!

One thing I'm unsure about though

Where did the blood come from before he even met Simon? I guess I'll watch again incase I missed something. Edit, must have been from the earlier scuffle?
yeah from the faked death
Gavin said it was fake blood from comic con the walking dead

# 2 Simon Says

I keep thinking this is on Tuesdays

So I accidentally saw the spoiler by sevenxl77, which was fine

it was good but run of the mill, last weeks was so different and better

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom