Inserting track marks into MP3

Astraeus

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Howdy,

I've got an audio file of funky house mixes which was mixed for me by a friend of mine. However, the nature of dance mixes is that the whole mix is a single MP3. Thing is, a lot of the tracks aren't to my liking and so I'd like to be able to skip over them. Is there any way I can stick track marks into the MP3, effectively cutting it into multiple MP3s and therefore allowing me to listen to the tracks I want? Someone mentioned getting Roxio's Toast with Jam but that doesn't seem to boast about having such a feature.

Thanks,

Ciaran

There are literally dozens of MP3 splitters out there - mostly shareware. Any one will do the job. Just type "Mp3 Splitters" into Google and stand well back...

Remember if you split the file you may get gaps depending on the player you use.

That said, I'd also prefer individual tracks to one that's been joined together.

I've managed to find software (Cool MP3 Splitter) which divides the music up. Only issue I have now is that I have no way of finding out the lengths of the individual tracks. However, my mate told me he's stuck a 'hi-hat' sound in at the joining of each track. Is there software which will auto-locate such a sound or else pick up what it thinks may be the divide in the tracks and insert a mark for me? 74 minutes of music is a lot to look through when you're searching for a couple of seconds of hi-hat.

All help is appreciated...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom