Input source volume levels for Denon 2802

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Neil_F, May 16, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Neil_F

Neil_F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this amp and love it. There does, however, appear to be a vast difference in the volume level of the TV input and any other input. ie. the TV input is very low. Is it possible to compensate for this in any way?
    I am not a home cinema guru. This is my first AV amp.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,221
    Hi

I dont think you can compensate for it. Have you tried another input?? Just in case its only the TV input that is different.

My TV (JVC) is a bit weird in the fact that you have to switch off its internal speakers and then turn up the TV volume to increase the output level (from its analogue outs) to the amp.

My old 3801 had differing levels as well, Video input had to be turned up, but the digital satellite input was ok. I think this is down to the different equipment rather than the amp though.

3. Neil_F

Neil_F

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jase, why didnt I think of it!!
    It wasn't quite the same as your experience as my TV won't allow me to turn it's speakers off, only down to zero.
    But I have found that the volume control for the headphones also affects the audio out which is connected to the amp.
    Spain 1 England 0 (only half-time though!!)

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +310
    Neil

Some tv sets allow you to increase the headphone level in the menu, my Sony has this option, but it also ups the volume on the input to my Amp.