1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

input on pf9986

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Toine, Sep 7, 2004.

1. Toine

Toine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I´n wondering how to solve this :

I´m getting a Philips pf9986 LCD TV wich has 1 DVI input on wich you can also put component in.

But, i´ve a component DVD player, a component Satelite receiver and a DVI PC. So i wan´t to use the DVI for 3 different input (for now, maybe later even more).

I think the only way i can solve this problem is a DVI switch (on wich every pin is connected), are these on the market? And maybe with a remote also?
    Do i get problems with performance?

Regards,

Toine

2. ianh64

ianh64

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    They are available but are not cheap - a brief search of www for "dvi switcher" lists a few at $400-800 for 2>1/3->1 versions. If you do go for one, you need to ensure that it is HDCP compliant and can switch the analogue signal as well as the digital signal.

-Ian

3. Toine

Toine

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i found two of them, from Gefen and from Pacificcable, but they both only switch the digital signal.

I found a few KVM switches with says they switch both signal (and also keyboard and mouse... :eek: ) but i don't like these very much because they are made pure for PC's and i'm worried about the quality.

Somebody has an idea?

Regards,

Toine

4. jdl

jdl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Toine
    Try this site they have a lot switchers and provide solutions for almost every connection possible.
    www.digitalconnection.com