1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"input level" on KEF PSW2000

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by APC, Jun 6, 2003.

1. APC

APC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering if any KEF owners out there have any views on the best level to set the "input level" knob on the back of the PSW2000 - full, half way or what:confused:

Thanks

2. Droogie 2001

Droogie 2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I've got mine set to about an 11 o'clock position.
    It took quite along time to get it to sound how I wanted it to.
    Like most things it really depends on a number of things such as your AMP, DVD player and you own personal taste.

3. APC

APC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey thanks.

I'm wondering what's best - to have my amp (Denon AVR3802) sub output set lower and have the sub input vol set high, or have the sub set half-way (or 11 o'clock!) and have the amp higher. I read somewhere on this board that the input on the sub is not s a simple volume control, but changes some way according to the output levels of the amp.

Are there advantages to either way that I should know about? Seems odd to have the sub set to max all the time, or is it just me.:rolleyes:

4. Droogie 2001

Droogie 2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I too have a Denon 3802 so we have a similar setup.

I must admit I started to play around with the volumes on the Amp to start with because the layout of my room mean't I could not get ideal surround sound with where I was seated.

I didn't played around with the sub volume on the amp though.
    I would say having it turned up to the max on the sub would make it extremley boomy. Not good.

It took a least a month or two to get right partly because I think the system was still being run in.

I know people (many on this forum) who are obsessed with constantly tweaking their volumes! :D

I think a well configured system is one that does not require constant adjusting, but I guess we all like fiddling with these things. :)

5. grey torq

grey torq

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    In line with another thread I have a Denon 3803 and this sub, I find that it works best with all speakers set to small regardless of their size with a crossover of 80 Hz on the amp then make sure to set the knob on the subwoofer crossover to the max (140). Then adjust the volume to 11 or 12 o'clock depending on taste.

By doing this you ensure you don't get any dropout in the frequency range - and no interference from other speakers at low frequencies.

Torq

6. UselessPratt

UselessPratt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go buy yourself a sound level meter. They cost less than £30 and cut out all the guessing. You can find the balanced setting and then work out your preference in relation to that.