Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

input help please!

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by glasgowboy, Oct 9, 2005.

1. glasgowboy

glasgowboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I am thinking about ordering the panasonic TH42PE50CAB with the DVD recorder from www.digico.co.uk.
    It has a DVB digital tuner. I also have an analaogue satellite reciever (I think analogue as it is fairly poor quality picture) which I use for hotbird and telestar12.
    Would I be able to connect the Satellite reciever straight to the TH42PE50 and watch it or do I need something else as well?
    As you see I am rather clueless about these stuff!
    Many thanks an advance.

S.N :smashin:

2. Soapysoap

Soapysoap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    If the sat box has a scart output you can connect straight to the back of the panny. If it is really old and has an Rf output (aerial lead) you still have a couple of options. The first is to use a combiner to combine your aerial signal and your aerial input to the Tv. You will have to make sure the output channnel from the sat box does not correspond to a transmitting (or one next to a transmitting) analogue channel or digital multiplex.
    if you have an Rf loopthrough you can still use that but again you may need to change the output channel on your sat box. If its an analogue sat box Idon't think theres much left on but I could be wrong. What make or model of box is it?

3. glasgowboy

glasgowboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much. It does have a scart socket (what I use at the moment)
    Do you think it is a good T.V to buy?
    S.N

4. Soapysoap

Soapysoap
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I might be biased as I've just recieved the 37" version but the pic quality is superb on DVD. Digital channels seem good too apart from the low bit rate ones (shopping channels etc). If the pic quality from your sat box isn't very good it'll probably look worse on a big screen. tThe Tv has 3 scarts so depending what else you want to connect to it there should be no problem finding a connection for your sat box.
    Soapy

5. glasgowboy

glasgowboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again. I think I will go ahead and buy it.
    S.N