1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Input boards for the Panasonic PW7

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by simon33, May 28, 2005.

1. simon33

simon33

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there,

I'm fairly new to this - so please make allowance for the usual silly questions. :)

I'm (almost) decided on the PW7 from AV-Sales. I'm just not too sure on the boards I require.

I wish to connect:

VCR (scart)
    Freeview (scart)
    DVD Player (red yellow white cables - composite?)

Could someone please tell me which boards I'll need to accept these inputs. From my reckoning this will take up all 3 slots on the back of the plasma, leaving no expandability for future devices I might buy. That can't be right... can it!?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate any help I can be given. :)

2. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    Rahter depends on how much you are prepared to pay and whether you are looking for the best picture quality.

DVD player - the red and white are audio outs and the yellow is composite - the lowest of low connection methods. Doesn't it have either RGB scart or better still component (red, green and blue sockets) ?

Freeview RGB out. Either into a scart board on the plasma or via a JS Technology RGB to VGA converter and into the VGA socket on the plasma (loses colour saturation control but many don't find this a problem) or most expensive of the lot via a J S Tech RGB to component converter then into a component board.

VCR won't give a quality picture on a 42". If you opt for the scart board for Freeview then probably through the second scart on the Freeview box (depending on which one you have got) and into the scart board.

If you confirm what outputs are available from the DVD player that may be the key to advising further.

3. syntax error

syntax error

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

the picture on your DVD player will look horribel mate, the larger screen size shows up all the imperfections and make ytou wonder why you bothered upgrading. At the very least get Scart for your DVD player.

This is the problem for me though with regards these panasonic models that need all the input boards. Sure it allows flexibility to the consumer, but I think in most cases it just confuses. I think most people like to plug in and play out of the box.

Get the Hitachi PD7200 mate ;) (sorry Im just on a bit of a high cause I got mine today)

4. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    its like audio ....some folk prefer a system some seperates...horses for courses and each to their own.

5. syntax error

syntax error

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah, couldnt agree more :smashin:

6. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: